The Production Assistant supports one or more departments for a feature or series. Departments include Production, Story, Script, Editorial, and Visual Development. This is an entry level position.
Sony Pictures Animation is a pre-production animation studio based in Culver City, California, creating both feature animation and animated series with artists from around the world. We pride ourselves on empowering filmmakers to lead the creative process, and allowing the hand of the artist to be truly felt, with the goal of producing bold and innovative visual storytelling.
- Assist the Production Coordinator with day-to-day operations for the production.
- Ingest and organize assets/data into production tracking software.
- Take meeting notes and distribute action items.
- Book meetings for Production.
- Organize and maintain artwork and production files within specific online directory structures.
- Order office supplies for the department.
- Organize, distribute, and track questions/requests from overseas partner studio to appropriate personnel. Ensure timely responses.
- Complete expense reports for food and purchases.
- Previous office or project organization experience.
- Experience with Shotgrid, Adobe Photoshop, and Storyboard Pro preferred.
- Highly organized, resourceful, and diligent with excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure in a face paced department.
- Must be willing to take direction.
- Ability to work independently and set appropriate priorities.
- Take direction when needed and also take the initiative where applicable.
- Dependable and ability to maintain a high level of discretion.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the US and must be at least 18 years old
- High School diploma required, Bachelors preferred.
- Computer and technology literate – familiarity with Mac/PC operating systems, Photoshop, Word, Excel, and Gmail.
- Must possess an active driver’s license.
- Ability to lift 20+ pounds.
Sony Pictures Animation is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, SPE requires all U.S. non-union applicants and employees to submit proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or to request and obtain approval of a reasonable accommodation based on disability or a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance.