Every great story has a new beginning, and yours starts here.
Welcome to Warner Bros. Discovery… the stuff dreams are made of.
Who We Are…
When we say, “the stuff dreams are made of,” we’re not just referring to the world of wizards, dragons and superheroes, or even to the wonders of Planet Earth. Behind WBD’s vast portfolio of iconic content and beloved brands, are the storytellers bringing our characters to life, the creators bringing them to your living rooms and the dreamers creating what’s next…
From brilliant creatives, to technology trailblazers, across the globe, WBD offers career defining opportunities, thoughtfully curated benefits, and the tools to explore and grow into your best selves. Here you are supported, here you are celebrated, here you can thrive.
Overview of the internships
We have multiple Warner Bros. Animation Artist internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for internship opportunities within this area.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- Bugs Bunny Builders
- Bye Bye Bunny
Duties could include:
- Organizes and key words artwork for archive.
- Assists Assistant Production Manager with assembling model/design packets.
- Performs filing as needed. Photocopies & distributes scripts, storyboards, & all pre-production materials.
- May have the opportunity to work on artistic projects if applicable.
- Updates and maintains internal artwork catalog.
- Assists design Assistant Production Manager in tracking artwork.
- Organizes out-going pre-production shipments to overseas studios.
- Depending on the needs of the production, will have an opportunity to learn black/white & color design; simple background; and revisionist work.
- Prepares storyboards for animatic import.
- Handles interoffice deliveries and distribution.
- Under direction of managerial staff, assists with communications between management and crew.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
Essentials needed for the positions that are similar across the above roles (these do not all have to apply to every single role)
- Familiarity with animation industry helpful.
- You have an interest in visual storytelling, showing your strengths in illustration, drawing, painting, animation and/or graphic design.
- Enjoy working collaboratively.
- Possess a working knowledge of Photoshop.
- Can share a link to your portfolio of minimally 10-20 images. Please upload as one PDF document along with your resume and cover letter OR as a link included on your resume.
- You have a positive outlook and a strong work ethic.
- You are in a phase of learning or studying animation.
- You are available to work full-time.
- Must have the ability to organize and schedule work effectively.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person and on the telephone.
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions.
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks.
- Must be able to handle confidential information.
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (2.8 or above GPA)
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States. U.S. International students must hold an F1 Visa to be considered.
The Nice To Haves
- Some previous work experience preferred
About Our Internship Program
WBD’s Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 10-12 weeks dependent on the student’s availability based on semester schedule
- Program date options:
- Start Date: June 5th or June 12th
- End Date: August 18th or August 25th
- Interns will be expected to work 35-40 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from February through mid-April. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
In compliance with local law, we are disclosing the compensation, or a range thereof, for roles in locations where legally required. Actual salaries will vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The rate listed is just one component of Warner Bros. Discovery’s total compensation package for employees. Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $23 per hour USD for graduate level interns
How We Get Things Done…
This last bit is probably the most important! Here at WBD, our guiding principles are the core values by which we operate and are central to how we get things done. We hope they resonate with you and look forward to discussing them during your interview.
The Legal Bits…
Warner Bros. Discovery embraces the opportunity to build a workforce that reflects the diversity of our society and the world around us. Being an equal opportunity employer means that we take seriously our responsibility to consider qualified candidates on the basis of merit, without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, and genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or any other category protected by law.