Whitehouse Post is looking for an Assistant Editor to join their team.
Start Date: ASAP
Salary : dependent on experience
A minimum of two years experience within the role of Assistant Editor at a commercial edit house.
- Proficiency editing on Avid and Premier (a working knowledge of FCP and premier would also be of benefit).
- Good knowledge of avid effects work (after effects and photoshop skills would also be of benefit)
- A firm knowledge of digital camera formats, frame rates, codecs, compression techniques and file based workflows.
- The communication skills, knowledge and confidence to confirm file delivery requirements and workflows with both DIT’s and post houses.
- A thorough knowledge of loading, syncing rushes and preparing media, with the ability to customise this preparation to the needs and editing styles of individual Editors.
- Have assisted on location, sourcing rushes direct from video playback.
- Sourced sound effects, music tracks (and track lay as required), created EDL’s, OMF’s, AAF’s and have a full understanding of needs of post houses, sound studios with a good knowledge of conforming, grading and online requirements.
- Possess great communication skills to ensure Editors, Production and the rest of the Assisting team are constantly updated with ongoing jobs and to enable the efficient use of the companies’ assets.
- Upload work to FTP and create QT movie links with the necessary knowledge of codecs, conversions and compression procedures
- Work with our ISIS system
- Provide assistance to 2 editors, with the flexibility to move around editors as required.
- To be able to cover changes on editors projects if needed
- The ability to smile and have fun whilst working under pressure