Nexstar Media Inc is looking for Audio Operator/Production Assistant to join the newly formed duopoly in Washington, DC (Market # 9). Come live and work in the Nation’s capital, not only a great place for national politics but also busy local news market. The region offers a high quality of life with some of the best museums in the country, year-round theaters, concerts, street festivals and more. The region is also a sports mecca with professional basketball, baseball, football, hockey, soccer teams. The district and its suburbs have many bike trails, has been widely recognized for is early adoption of high-tech transportation options like e-bikes and e-scooters. Washington, DC also boasts an incredible food scene with more than twenty restaurants receiving Michelin stars in 2021 alone. This is a great place to live and a great place to grow your career.
- The operation of audio mixing board during live local news broadcasts and recorded shows.
- Setting up sound and recording equipment, adjusting and testing the equipment.
- Creating, maintaining and adjusting proper mix of sound sources in live and/or recorded production.
- Operates and maintains audio devices and resources such as: audio mixing consoles, microphones, sound playback equipment and sound reinforcement devices as required.
- Use of intercom, telephone, PC’s and other communications equipment for coordination of production needs.
- This position will fill in on teleprompter and floor Manager as needed.
Requirements & Skills:
- One year of experience in professional live broadcast studio operations (radio/TV/cable) preferred.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience running audio board is preferred.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless, attitude.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment.
- Must be willing to be flexible, working early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays and overtime as situations demand. Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related field preferred.