What you’ll do:
- Job Purpose & Key Responsibilities – To cover a wide variety of news stories in London, the UK and abroad, often at short-notice and at times on your own.
- To fulfill a flexible role as part of a clear and equally shared priority system with regards to teams responding to breaking news.
- To develop your experience and expertise to enhance your ability to be at the heart of the creative and editorial process.
- The operation of the latest ENG news cameras and field editing systems.
- The operation of bonded, IP technologies to deliver LIVE and recorded video content from the field.
- To take responsibility for ENG camera, sound and personal broadcast equipment including the use of company pool vehicles when required.
What you’ll bring:
- This role requires: – A highly motivated individual with a keen sense of what makes high quality visual journalism and an enthusiasm for new and exciting ways to tell stories on all news platforms.
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and communication skills as well as the ability to positively interact with a variety of people and situations.
- Experience in delivering a wide variety of raw and edited news content for all platforms, in particular when under pressure of tight deadlines.
- A consistent commitment and desire to work in the “breaking news” industry, in particular within hostile and high-pressure environments.
- A keen interest and desire to travel, at times with limited or no notice, to anywhere in the UK and the World.
- The key technical requirements for this role are: Having the ability to operate a range of ENG cameras, editing and transmission equipment for all news gathering purposes.
- Possessing a strong sense of how news works for online platforms including Facebook / Twitter / Sky News Mobile App.
- Good IT skills
- Other requirements: – A full drivers licence* and passport.
- Overseeing and reconciliation of corporate production expenses and management of CitiCard corporate credit cards.
We bring the best from the global market into Sky – we buy technology, marketing, corporate, operational services and editorial production solutions. We are an international team working with our stakeholders our partners to curate the most effective and efficient customer-led operating model. High ethical standards are embedded in our team, and we engage our supply chains in creating a sustainable future!
There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
Where you’ll work:
Recognised as an ‘Inclusive Top 50 Employer’ and a ‘Times Top 50 Employer for Women’, we’re working hard to ensure we’re a truly inclusive place to work. This means we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and the potential you’ll bring to Sky. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working!
And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.