Reporting to the Head of Assets you will be responsible for assisting a team of modelers. You will be a hands-on lead and will be required to work on assets for the project.
As a Lead Modeler, you will work closely with the Head of Assets to ensure the team produce models that meet the creative requirements of the Art Director and the client, making sure they satisfy the technical needs for downstream departments
- Be a point of contact for juniors and new hires when Head of Assets not available.
- Create prop and environment models and assemblies for layout for production use.
- Provide constructive feedback on work to the team to ensure standards are met and that they are delivering to schedule.
- Perform more generalist 3D work related to pipeline, tooling, environment asset budding and breakdown of assets in to sub assets, documentations, menitoring, QC and interdepartmental hand off
- Assist with training of junior modelers
- A flair for critical thinking and strong ability to problem solve is a must
- Regularly providing feedback to Head of Assets and Production any issues or concerns with delivery or performance.
- Ability to follow design reference accurately and work in a range of styles.
- Ability to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure.
- Solid understanding of the animation production pip
- Excellent problem-solver, communicator and team player
- Extensive knowledge of Maya is a must, exposure to Houdini and USD is preferred
- Willingness to take direction and be willing to address constructive feedback
- Animated feature experience
- Solid understanding of downstream departments and the tools they use as well as technical requirements they have is a must
- Ability to write small tools in python, mel, vex is preferred. Ability to create templates for artists to use is a must
- Right to work in the UK
- London based or willing to move to London is offered a job