Do you proven knowledge of camera engineering and the working of camera equipment? Are you passionate about Drama? Ready for the opportunity to progress your career? Then this is the role for you!
Multi award-winning drama series about the staff and patients at the Holby City Emergency Department, charting the ups and downs in their personal and professional lives whilst tackling many controversial and taboo issues. Through great writing and visual flair the show balances gritty realism with high drama to keep its millions of dedicated viewers coming back for more, on-screen and on-line, week in week out.
Becoming integral member of the Camera Department of a Continuous Drama is relentlessly challenging and diverse. Refining your ingenuity and problem solving to keep the show rolling. The fast paced and varied nature of Casualty nurtures development in all areas of the profession. Being a Medical Drama creates challenging stunts, current medical storylines and long running character development.
The most junior role in the camera department, the Junior Camera Assistant will provide a basic level of support to the camera team. The successful candidate will have a basic knowledge of camera equipment.
Your Key Responsibilities will be –
- Support all members of the camera team in their duties and responsibilities;
- Under supervision support work on the rigging, de-rigging and preparation of electronic cameras and equipment including line-up and checking equipment performance and safety
- Support the operation of an electronic camera according to the briefing and cueing, to obtain television pictures to meet the artistic and technical requirements of the production
- Support the operation or direction of camera mountings and associated cabling to meet the artistic and technical requirements of the production
- Assist in the resolution of operational problems of camera position, and movement and shot feasibility
- An understanding of the development of techniques associated with new equipment and production demands
- Filling out of camera reports if required;
- Following appropriate training, assist the team in their performance of general operational duties including:
- Sound, camera and vision systems rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Monitor, projection equipment, prompting devices rigging, movement and de-rigging
- Cable handling
The Ideal Candidate
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate the following –
- Proven knowledge of camera engineering
- Proven knowledge of the working of camera equipment
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety guidelines and Legislation
- Willingness to learn and enthusiasm for the craft of camera
- Experience of carrying out instructions with great accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience of working under pressure and in stressful situations
- Experience of dealing with range of individuals
- A valid and clean driving licence
- Proven knowledge of TV Productions and production processes