Start date: January 2023 (19-month duration)
APPLICANTS MUST HAVE RESIDENCY IN AN EEA COUNTRY. UK RESIDENCY IS AN ADVANTAGE ALTHOUGH VISA SPONSORSHIP WILL BE CONSIDERED.
Surfing Giant Europe is looking for an experienced Lead Animator to join our talented team to work on a high-profile Disney Junior Series, “Hey A.J”, which will be appearing on the Disney Jr. Channel and Disney+.
The successful Lead Animator candidate will:
- Have previous experience of working on high profile animated series in a similar role for a minimum of 3 years.
- Proficiency animating with rigs in Toon Boom Harmony software.
- To oversee 4 animators within the team and give constructive feedback.
- To review completed shots and complete a technical animation pass ensuring the characters are on model, hook-ups have been adhered to, poses have been matched and the animation brief has been followed.
- To assist the Animation Directors in assigning shots.
- Strong drawing ability.
- To assist the Animation Directors in creating an Animation bible for new members of the team.
- Experience with tracking and reviewing software.
- To highlight potential re-use and library content.
- To create approved animation cycles prior to full production commencing.
- To review the animation team alongside the Animation Directors.
- Be willing to take on constructive feedback.
- Have excellent communication skills, high attention to detail and good organisation skills.
- Report to the Animation Directors.