Multi-skilled lighting, vision control and remote camera operation in a live studio environment to produce high quality studio pictures. The role will principally be the Lighting Director with the Jeremy Vine daily live show for ITN Productions.
- Live operation and programming of lighting consoles and remote-control camera systems
- Technical line-up and vision control operation, and colour matching of studio cameras and in–vision sources
- Adjust or modify previously established lighting plots to meet daily studio requirements
- Design new lighting plots for studio news productions and special programs in liaison with Studio Directors and scenic designers
- Day-to-day maintenance and rigging of studio lighting equipment
- First-line technical support and technical operation in studios
- Understand the needs and requirements of presenters and guests
- Operate within ITN’s health and safety policy
These are the main requirements of the role and is not an exhaustive list of duties. It is intended to reflect the nature, range, and context of the work, which will change over time.
- Ability to operate under pressure in a live studio environment
- A good appreciation of techniques for lighting for single and multi-camera situations both in studios and outside broadcast environments
- Accurate assessment of picture quality and colour balance
- A good sense of composition of camera shots
- A wide knowledge of studio and broadcast engineering and of current and emerging lighting and camera technologies
- Demonstrate good interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
Our people are at the heart of everything we do at ITN. It’s vital that our workforce reflects the diversity of both our audience and the wider society in the UK, so we actively seek candidates from diverse backgrounds and communities. Reasonable adjustments to the recruitment process will be offered, if required, due to a disability or health condition. We also recognise the importance of a good work life balance, so we do everything we can to accommodate flexible working, including part-time and job shares for all our roles. Please just let us know in your application, or at any stage throughout the process, if this is something you want to explore.