We’re Gorilla Gorilla! An independent film and animation studio that tells powerful stories of change. We’re on the hunt for a talented MGFX Designer / Animator to join our growing team in Angel.
Office / homeworking
This is primarily an office-based role (we’re on City Road near to Angel / Old St / Farringdon). We support homeworking with number of office days determined on a role-by-role basis with a current expectation of a minimum of 3 office days per week for all team members.
The Motion Graphics Designer / Animator will conceive, develop, and deliver a range of high quality motion graphics / animation projects to agreed parameters – from abstract motion graphics to motion typography to character animation. Daily they will collaborate with and report to the in-house Producer team. More broadly, they will report to our Animation Design Director.
In particular, the role requires:
- Design skill and conceptual flare with the ability to work across various visual styles and animation / MGFX techniques.
- The ability to work independently and to collaborate as part of a team to explore briefs, generate ideas and produce projects in a constructive and positive way.
- Development, preparation, and delivery of creative to lead / support proposals and pitches.
- The ability to think strategically about brand design and animation.
- A good sense of visual timing and narrative / storytelling.
- The experience / ability to work on several projects at once, working with other members of the GG team and specialist partners and freelance staff.
- Solid organisational skills (we like people who keep their projects tidy).
- A willingness to encourage and support other members of the GG team and clients in their understanding and use of motion graphics / animation and to work with them as appropriate.
- The maturity / experience to help manage freelance MGFX / animation personnel where required.
- A keen interest in keeping on top of the latest developments in the motion graphics / animation sector and the ability to advise GG accordingly.
Why it’s important to us
As a growing film and animation business, extending our existing reputation and skills base in motion graphics design / animation is key to our future success.
How you’ll make us feel
- You’ve brought energy and enthusiasm.
- You’re in it for the long haul.
- Our business is more than likely to grow with you on the team.
In 3 words, how you’ll make us look
- Engaging and creative with a willingness to learn and passion to grow.
- The desire to produce high quality work.
- The intellect and curiosity to get to grips with a client’s communication needs.
- Thoroughness with an attention to detail.
- Well-presented, collaborative, open, friendly, and sociable.
Skills / background
- Minimum 5 years relevant experience in-house / freelance.
- Expert understanding of animation project workflows i.e. style frames, storyboarding, animatics etc.
- Expert in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Expert in After Effects.
- Experience in Premiere.
- A good understanding of the full lifecycle of design and moving image projects from creative to technical delivery.
- Ability to come up with great creative concepts that answer client briefs.
- Passionate follower of new and inspirational design styles – you know what is hot.
- Excellent taste – you know what is amazing…and what’s not.
- Good / persuasive presentation skills.
- Good knowledge video compression / encoding / delivery.
- Experience in one of 3D Studio Max, Cinema4D or Maya.
- Experience of frame-by-frame animation using Photoshop, Toon boom, Procreate or similar.
And finally, what can Gorilla Gorilla! offer you?
The opportunity to join a growing creative business at an exciting time that offers the chance to learn and grow as part of a supportive, friendly team who love what they do. We also offer a range of additional benefits including regular paid-for team lunches and nights out (we love to eat and are a bit obsessive about food!), a personal wellbeing and training allowance, a profit share scheme, mobile phone, company pension, and employee share scheme.