Freelance Producer opportunities within our award winning 4Creative team!
4creative is the multi-awarded, highly creative, in-house agency for Channel 4. Forming the Marketing and Viewer Experience Division.
Together, this dazzling department are involved in writing and producing the risky, innovative and culturally relevant materials for Channel 4 brands and services.
We rely on 4Creative to bring our brand to life. Often in award-winning ways. Prestigious wins for 2017 include two D&AD black pencils for Paralympics ‘We’re The Superhumans’, which also scooped British Arrow’s Commercial of the Year. They were also recognised with the Creative Circle President’s Award and Champions of Creativity.
Joining the 4creative team, you’ll find yourself executing your ideas, being recognised for your contributions and working alongside a fantastic team with unlimited opportunities to explore all whist working to and focusing on the Channel 4 remit.
As a freelance producer, your role will involve producing campaigns, shoots and clip-based promos for all Channel 4 brands. You will have knowledge of prep, shot, and will post across multi-media production. In this position, your main priority is to deliver the creative vision working closely with the Creatives and Director.
- Ability to work across different production and transmission requirements on all channels, platforms and for external clients when required.
- Management of creative development, pre-production, production, post-production of all shoots and delivery of promotional materials and on-air identity ,on a day to day basis
- Track budgets, shoot logistics and deliveries across assigned deliverables
- Liaise and maintain communication with marketing, media planning and presentation departments for all projects.
- High level of communication with Creatives and Directors to produce inventive projects.
- Ensure rigorous effective budget management, reconciliation on all projects and the processing of invoices; whilst working within the 4C /C4 finance and department policy & guidelines
- Pre-production & production of shoots, proposal and management of crew including the Director for above shoots
- Production of radio, print and digital campaigns where required
- Build relationships with external Production & Creative partners
- Build a portfolio of; suppliers, freelancers, crew across all media to ensure C4 are working with the best talent and most diverse range possible. Creating a 4creative talent database.
- Managing and overseeing the contracting of suppliers and freelancers.
- Working closely with CP or EP’s to scope out rough timelines and potential costs to supply to the Project Manager.
- Generation of call sheets and risk assessments and booking of post-production etc
- Manage legal and compliance clearances for all projects ensuring OFCOM regulations are adhered to, as well as clearances when required for; music, clip and image licencing as well as liaise with Clearcast, RACC and BBFC for script and copy approvals.
- Together with the Executive Producer, ensure legal contracts are completed e.g. for cast, crew, composers, photographers, freelancers, suppliers etc
- Ensure Health and Safety and Insurance procedures are adhered to on all projects, in line with C4 policies
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Be a creative, imaginative and innovative individual
- Demonstrated solid experience of shoot process
- Demonstrated solid experience of managing the post production process including online, grading, audio and graphics
- Demonstrated solid experience creating and delivering to social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, TikTok etc)
- Demonstrated solid experience delivering DOOH, OOH and print campaigns.
- Proven ability to manage crews on location
- Proven ability to carry out instruction accurately
- Proven ability to bring tasks to timely conclusion in professional and thorough manner
- Proven ability to communicate the project status to the Head of Production and Executive
- Producer highlighting concerns regarding resource and ability to deliver
- Proven ability to liaise with marketing and commissioning on all elements of the project
- Proven ability to liaise professionally with external suppliers and freelancers
- Proven ability to negotiate with external suppliers
- Proven ability to react quickly and be capable of giving instruction when needed
- Proven ability to be inventive in resourcing
- Proven ability to prioritise workload
- Proven ability to work under pressure in calm and friendly manner
- Proven ability to handle stressful situations where the concept of the moving target is common
- An interest and knowledge in current media and advertising
Application questions to complete
To complete your application please provide a response to the below application questions, you can upload your response to the application questions as an attachment when submitting your application. This can be attached to your application as a PDF or Word document.
- Please outline how you meet the ‘Essential Experience & Skills’ outlined in the Job Description (Max 500 words)
There are a million reasons why it’s great to work at Channel 4, here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 26 days annual leave (including a day off for your birthday)
- Company funded Private Medical Insurance
- A generous Group Personal Pension
- Access to our flexible benefits scheme including dental, travel insurance, health screenings and more!