The production assistant is vital to the smooth running of the creative department, assisting producers on their deliveries, re-delivering all content where necessary, and ensuring all channel maintenance and continuity is up to date and on brand and that all projects are correctly archived and media managed.
- Along with the Production Coordinator, check the make list every day to be across producers workflow and delivery dates. Make sure producers are on track to deliver promos on time by speaking with them and ensuring audio bookings are made before the delivery date.
- Late deliveries – if a promo is going to be late (within the 2 day deadline) send a form to operations via email letting them know the reason and the new delivery date and ensure all departments are kept updated.
- Ensure every promo is complied by legal (producers submit a signed compliance form)
- Check promos
- QC & Technical check (audio levels, formats, aspect ratio etc).
- Compliance check (Ofcom regulations for sound, product placement, parental ratings etc)
- Schedule check (program time / date / duration / CC channel).
- Dispatch promos for Transmission via Cantemo to Media Operations in Amsterdam, at least five days before the TX date with metadata which has all the media info.
- Daily liaison with Media Operations in Amsterdam regarding the delivery of all promos.
- When requested, provide other Comedy Central territories / departments with promo materials so they can re-version for their CC channel or if they want to use as a reference, via Signiant Media Shuttle. (The split tracks from the producer / audio suite plus high res video file).
- Request and upload any useful and relevant material from the International FTP for the department.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
· Occasional support for Comedy Central’s Continuity team.
· Responsible for all re-delivery of promos, fixing and tweaking campaigns where necessary
· Daily check of missing list, liaising with producers and submitting late delivery requests on producers behalf
· Trafficking of all commercial projects through clear cast and ad stream
· Ensuring the accuracy of information delivered in promos to air
· Assist freelancers with their projects / guiding through the versioning process
· Archive all promo projects on a monthly basis
· Responsible for delivery of international campaigns to Amsterdam
· General office maintenance, support and errand running.
· Solid knowledge of Adobe Premiere (self operating) with an understanding of 3D/2D animation and graphic design
· Highly organised individual, who is able to prioritise tasks and responsibilities on a daily basis.
· A knowledge of post production environment, including audio and 2D / 3D Graphics is useful.
· Experience in dealing with compliance , clear cast and ad stream desirable
· Good team player who can work under pressure, to deadlines