Gardeners’ World is looking for Runners to join their team which is part of Factual Entertainment and Events located in Bristol. We have a big talented team of around 30 and make a topical weekly programme for BBC2.
The Runner role provides support to production/department teams in the office and on location by performing a number of production related supportive tasks and activities.
Within a Production office environment duties will typically include:
- Acting as a point of contact for a range of both internal and external contributors.
- Duties may also involve filing/distributing paperwork, data entry, arranging meals, and transportation for artists/crew etc.
- Booking kit and card management for upcoming shoots.
On-set / on-location duties will typically include:
- Acting as a courier, helping to ensure correct facilities are available and distributing call sheets, Health and Safety notices, and other paperwork.
- Assisting with members of the public, contributors and On-Screen Talent.
- Assisting camera crew and production team with delivering and moving kit around a fixed location, managing catering and driving equipment to and from base in Bristol.
The Ideal Candidate
- Previous experience of working on location and events.
- Experience working with High Profile Talent.
- For BBC car insurance purposes a full drivers licence (for at least a year) is essential and you must be a confident driver.
- Driving experience of vans and bigger vehicles.
- Interest in cameras and gardening an advantage but not a necessity.
- Knowledge or the ability to acquire it, of BBC Structures, Procedures and Policies.
- Passion for broadcasting and the media.
- Ability to use IT proficiently, including a range of software packages.
- A demonstrable aptitude for detail and accuracy in all areas.
- Interpersonal and communication skills sufficient to establish and maintain effective relations with a wide range of internal and external contacts.
- Effective time management and organisational skills and the initiative to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritise a conflicting workload efficiently and to maintain standards of accuracy and attention to detail when working to deadlines or changing priorities.
- Resilience and stamina to sustain performance when under pressure from a high volume of work and conflicting priorities, with a flexible approach to deal with a changing environment.
- Ability to use own initiative with confidence, using judgement to escalate where necessary.
- Contribute to the creative vision of the team.
- An up to date knowledge of the BBC’s diverse audiences and their needs and expectations and use this to contribute to creative and engaging output.
- The ability to problem solve and suggest effective solutions.
- Awareness of financial responsibility, as may be required to keep track of petty cash and receipt recordkeeping.