ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We are seeking a Senior Audio Designer with a strong track record and portfolio including previous successful AA or AAA shipped titles to lead the audio design on an exciting new game. You will be working alongside other Audio Designers and an Audio Programmer. You will work closely with the game team to realise and execute the audio vision of the game.
- Have been a Senior Audio Designer or ready to take the jump to senior level and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AA or AAA titles
- Produce world class sound design in line with the creative vision
- Skilled in a variety of sound from real world to synthetic
- Define the audio quality and functional benchmarks on the project
- Advanced Unreal Engine user, including native UE audio
- Experience with Reaper and may popular effects plugins
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy
- Able to review work and give constructive feedback
- Have a good understanding of music and music editing
- Have experience performing and recording Foley
- Experience of working with speech and dialogue including creature voice design
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for game and linear media
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics
- Advanced knowledge of the game production pipeline
- Ability to bug test and fix own work
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken
- Weapon design and multiplayer experience
- Experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems
- An understanding of technical audio skills and implementation
- Experience with video editing tools such as Adobe Premiere
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.