We’re looking for a Senior Creative to join our team at Animade who will be responsible for directing several projects at any one time, using a high level of expertise to lead the creative team, to deliver inventive concepts that meet the client briefs and exceed client expectations. We expect our senior creatives to have an appetite for mastery of the craft. They’re always looking to develop their expertise in the field of animation and design around a busy work schedule.
Reporting to: ECD / CD
Type: Full-time, permanent
Location: London, Old Street, 1-2 days per week in the studio (flexible)
Application deadline: Monday 23rd May 2022
Start date: ASAP
Who are we?
We’re Animade, and we believe in making the world a bit more characterful. Based in London, UK, we’re a globally respected animation studio with a passion for design, illustration, animation, interactive and everything in between.
Character is at the heart of all that we do. We create campaigns that inspire and delight, taking great care over the tiniest details—after all, it’s the little things that often make the biggest impression.
You’re experienced at helping to get the best out of a creative team. A skilled multi-tasker, you are able to keep your head in a brief, an eye on the edit and help to guide a team of varying experience levels to producing animation and design content to the highest level of quality. Reporting to the Creative Directors, Art and Animation Directors and ECDs on projects, you are able to maintain excellent communication and keep Producers informed on team progress. Your ability to keep a clean file and folder structure and stay on top of versioning and technical specifications is key.
- Following direction from the Creative Director and Art Director to hit a client’s brief/brand conceptually and aesthetically
- Working closely with the Creative Director and Art Director on concepts and selling them into clients during all stages of a project
- Devising project strategies and directing multiple projects at one time
- Design the visual identity of a project with direction from the Art Director / Creative Director
- Creating storyboards and animatics with guidance from the Art Director
- Devise and control the moving identity of a project, taking direction from the Creative Director / Animation Director (timing, animation style, frame rates etc)
- Creating animatics and blockomatics to show timings and movement
- Communicate professionally and personally with your team, partners and clients to maintain best representation of the company at all times
- Maintain a quality of work completed by the project team (across aesthetic, technical and animation)
- Giving candid feedback to hit required levels of motion and design expected by Animade and the client
- Setup and maintain a solid project structure (files, folders and all technical setup etc). Consult with producers and Creative Director depending on the scale of the project
- Ensure all feedback is answered. You are responsible for making sure all client deliverables are ready to share
- Finding solutions to client feedback that benefits both client and project
- Keeping your creative team positive and motivated through a project to achieve the best results from them
- Maintain close contact with the producer and CD to ensure any issues are communicated internally and to client
- Use your technical knowledge and organisation to problem solve any issues on a project
- Teaching and sharing of technical knowledge with the creative team
What do you need to have?
- Excellent illustration and design skills
- Strong and varied animation experience
- Ability to lead larger teams
- Strong organisation skills around projects and file structure
- Ability to communicate clearly and warmly with clients
- Friendly and open internal communication
- A desire to experiment and explore within animation
- A positive attitude
- A passion for helping creative teams thrive and providing constructive but respectful feedback
Working at Animade offers the opportunity to make a real impact on a growing company with a great culture. Working with us, you can expect:
- Flexible working hours – we value a healthy work-life balance that accommodates people’s different needs
- Generous holiday allowance which increases with your length of service
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced family friendly and sickness policies
- Company EAP Programme
- Training budget of up to £1,000 per year
- Wellbeing budget of up to £200 per year
- Winter Wednesdays (with less daytime in the winter months, we offer the option for people to take a longer lunchtime to give more time to exercise and get outdoors in the sunshine)
- Team away days and trips – we’ve previously been to Tuscany, Cornwall and Portugal
- Friendly, open and welcoming company culture
- Culture Initiatives driven by our Culture Captains
We are committed to creating a truly inclusive culture to not only make Animade a better place to work but to foster an environment where everyone experiences a sense of belonging. We’ve implemented lots of changes through recruitment practices, DE&I training and our All Ears event to name a few. We’re looking for someone who’ll be keen to work with us in creating a space that is welcoming, safe and equitable for all. We actively encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.