***You must be authorized to work in the United States to be considered for this role.
At BBC Global Digital News & Streaming, (a team situated within BBC Studios, the commercial arm of the BBC) we aim to help people understand the world around them, make informed choices, and take an active part in society and democracy. As we expand our footprint to meet increasing demand for our style of quality and impartial journalism and unscripted content in North America, we are seeking motivated, passionate, high performing individuals across a variety of skillsets to join our global team. Our primary locations are New York, Washington DC, and London, though as a distributed workforce we are open to applicants in any location where the BBC has a commercial presence.
Join us and be an essential part of one of the world’s most recognized brands and trusted news organizations.
Purpose of the role
You are an expert storyteller that knows how to bring big ideas and narratives to life. A master in their craft in constructing short-form video across marketing assets including trailers, sizzle reels, marketing campaigns, and social assets. As the Senior Video Editor, you will have the opportunity to create emotional breakthrough video marketing content across factual and scripted that captivates and resonates with our audiences, helping push culture, society, and the BBC forward.
- Create compelling brand reels and sizzle tapes showcasing the breadth of BBC’s offerings.
- Retain a keen eye for detail while in the finishing process.
- Exquisite musical taste with a keen ear and talent for sound design.
- Responsible for signing off completed programs or material for broadcast.
- Oversight and a clear point of view across various videos created for marketing collateral.
- Address and implement creative notes, while knowing when and where to push editorial decisions with clear reasoning.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the department’s strategy and policy.
- Seek improvements in content production to develop further efficiencies in working practices.
- Able to communicate and contribute to the department strategy as required.
- Has the ability to consider a range of problems and uses their own judgment to apply effective, time-critical solutions.
Scope & Impact
- Create series trailers for marketing and/or sales purposes.
- An impartial approach to storytelling is key to aligning with our brand values across all assets we create and market.
- Ensure content reflects our diverse audiences.
- Keep up to date with emerging industry trends.
- Accountable for the compliance and delivery of content, acting within BBC Editorial, Legal and Health & Safety guidelines.
- Up-to-date knowledge of the BBC’s diverse audiences and their needs and expectations and use this to shape creative and engagement output.
- Work alongside art directors, motion designers, and creative directors to ideate, create, and ship best-in-class short-form video across BBC Studios properties.
- Where relevant, liaise with Rights teams and contract negotiators and ensure copyright and contracts adhere to BBC regulations.
- Develop and manage positive working relationships with staff, contributors and talent and be able to give constructive feedback.
The Ideal Candidate
As a global business, diversity, equity, and inclusion among team members is essential to our success. We therefore encourage highly skilled candidates from traditionally under-represented groups to submit their applications, even if they don’t check absolutely every box on our list of desired work experience.
Knowledge & Skills
- A wide-ranging knowledge of production processes techniques and technologies.
- Sound editorial judgment and a thorough knowledge of editorial and legal guidelines.
- Proven experience in taking ideas from concept to finished product whilst driving forward creativity.
- Able to lead the team to develop creative ideas which engage diverse audiences in a demanding creative environment.
- Experience working in-house at a media company or an agency setting (news and/or tech experience a plus)
- A diverse portfolio, showcasing a short-form marketing materials across entertainment and/or news.
- Proven experience of the latest production Excellent editorial judgment and knowledge of the target audience, their needs and expectations
- Ability to establish effective short and long-term relationships with a wide range of people, talent, partners and agencies.
- Highly developed planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to manage several areas of work at one time, prioritizing, delivering consistently to deadlines and reacting positively to changes and conflicting priorities.
**This range is not inclusive of a flexible, hybrid working schedule and comprehensive benefits package including but not limited to: 100% BBCS covered medical and dental insurance for employees and their dependents, vision, competitive 401(k) match, mental health, gym reimbursement, pet insurance, commuter benefits.