Molinare is a film and broadcast post-production facility with over 50 years of experience and is now one of the most respected names in the industry, specialising in television drama, feature films, feature documentaries and broadcast factual.
Molinare began in 1973 with a small studio called Molinare Sound Services. Today, having expanded into the world of high-end broadcast and feature post production, they are in an exciting position of strength and growth, providing the most creative and technically advanced services achievable.
Specialisms include grading and digital intermediate, sound, interactive, workflow management and international servicing.
The Sound Editor’s primary role is to work with the Audio team on the exciting projects based at Molinare. Using a combination of industry standard tools, the right candidate will be working with our team of sound creatives and re-recording mixers to deliver and surpass industry standard sound editing production. A proven track record of providing high quality sound design and track-lay will be required.
Experience working with multiple DAW’s, mic setups, SFX search engines, software and hardware is desirable but the ability to think outside of the standards and look for the next step of creative workflow is the key to the role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Experience of sound editing in both sound design and dialogue for high end projects in Pro-tools.
- Proven experience working with creatives, directors and producers.
- Proficient experience working with plugins, including, Soundminer, RX and Auto-Align.
- Excellent sound design and track lay skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Able to review work of others and have work reviewed for constructive feedback.
- Able to multi-task projects while remaining quality focused and adhering to deadline
- Able to work as a team player and under own initiative
- Pro-Tools, Soundminer and Izotope RX knowledge.
- In addition to the specific duties and responsibilities outlined in this job description, all employees should be aware of their specific responsibilities towards the following:
- Adhere to all health and safety and fire regulations and to co-operate with the company in maintaining good standards of health and safety.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures at all times.
- Uphold ethical and professional standards and not behave in a manner that is likely to bring the company into disrepute.
- Promote and sustain a responsible attitude towards equal opportunities and diversity within Molinare.
- Demonstrate a commitment to on-going learning and development and to participate in any training relevant to the role.
This job description is not exhaustive. It merely acts as a guide and may be amended to meet the changing requirements of the company at any time after discussion with the post-holder.
Knowledge and Experience
- Deep experience with planning and organisation.
- Very strong communication levels
- Capable of decision making and maintaining high performance while working under pressure
- Exceptional organisation skills and outstanding attention to detail
- Experience in scheduling and / or managing resources on a tight deadline
- Commercially minded.
Skills and Abilities
- Computer skills: Excellent data management skills are essential.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Good literacy and numeracy skills.
- Provide first class customer service.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent listening skills
- Problem solving ability and excellent attention to detail.
Company Values – What do we believe in
- Teamwork – Our best projects are born when we share our skills and experience with each other
- Passion – We treat every project with respect and time that it deserves.
- Expertise – By embracing our creative background, we take the risks that allows us to aim higher.
- Talent – We nurture talent to grown and do something meaningful at Molinare, which raises the bar for all of us.
- Inclusion – We all grow better professions and better people by working with different backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.