Who we are:
NewsNation is a national news cable network currently reaching 75 million television households across the United States. The network is owned and operated by Nexstar Media Group (NXST).
NewsNation is currently searching for a part-time Steadicam Operator for our national newscasts, based in our new Chicago studios, with the opportunity for full-time staff positions as operations expand.
This opportunity is for someone that doesn’t mind rolling up their sleeves and do something few have done before – launch a new 24-hour news network.
- The successful candidate will be able to listen to director’s commands and react swiftly and accurately for correctly positioning and framing shots including the x/y axis and for camera “shading” and color correction for multiple cameras.
- Must be able to make smooth on-air moves.
- Must be proficient with operation of broadcast equipment within assigned area, including set up programming and troubleshooting the Steadicam system and maintenance of vests and related equipment.
- May be asked to train others or create training documentation.
- Be able to communicate and document effectively and concisely to the rest of the team. Must be self-sufficient and have a press-on-regardless attitude.
- All day parts (mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays) may be a part of the schedule with overtime as situations demand.
- Five plus (5+) years’ experience running professional vest managed steadicam cameras, in professional live television broadcast operations required.
- A 40-pound weight minimum is a consideration for this role – Must be able to lift, carry, and move with a minimum of 40lbs
- Other engineering experience in areas of robotic camera operation a plus
- Candidate should be a problem solver and quick thinker to resolve existing issues and to work around problems that arise during live news.
- You must be detail-oriented and be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of common business software applications, particularly Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must be self-sufficient and have a “press-on-regardless” attitude.
This position is a part-time staff position which will require membership in IBEW.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!