Your work matters to millions.
Shaping culture is in the DNA of ITV. So, it’s not surprising that you’ll find us in every home in the UK, our productions are famous all over the world and we’re at the forefront of the digital streaming revolution.
When you join us, you enter a fun working environment. With opportunities to learn, to grow and make a real difference. Small enough that your impact’s felt in the business, but big enough that your impact reaches millions of people.
Come develop your skills, change TV and the course of your career. Don’t just watch it. Be part of it. Join ITV.
Your impact sends ripples.
You will be liaising with the Series Producers and Story Producer to ensure creative coherence between story and script departments.
- To prepare, write, compile and edit the storyline documents, working alongside the Story Producer to ensure that storyline documents are completed and delivered to agreed deadlines and to the highest standard.
- To ensure that storylines take full account of all the implications of the Emmerdale production process.
- To attend story conferences and work closely with the Producers and the Story Producer in steering discussions.
- To supervise the preparation of other story-related material such as long-term story documents, character biographies and other strategic documents.
- We’re looking for an experienced Story Editor who will work alongside the Story Producer to produce compelling and dynamic storylines.
- Support the Story Producer in leading story talk throughs with the wider team, ensuring that they meet the Producers brief.
- Responsible for compiling episodes to present to the producer, often working to tight deadlines.
- Responsible for calculating and approving cast holidays and will work closely with the script department to ensure continuity across the programme.
Skills you’ll need (minimum criteria)
- Experience of storylining, ideally on continuing drama.
- Ideally experience as a Story Editor.
- Strong and proven experience of working on a continuing drama and being able to cope with the demands and pressures of such a high-profile show.
- Demonstrable experience of managing and mentoring creative teams and in particular of leading a story team.
- Proven experience of creativity and developing original ideas.
- Knowledge and understanding of production, adhering to the constraints and limitations of production.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to produce clear, concise episodes adhering to the Emmerdale house style.
Other things we’re looking for (key criteria)
- Excellent team management skills, including strong communication skills and the ability to drive and inspire.
- Ability to meet changing and constant deadlines.
- Confidence to pitch and develop story ideas at conferences.
- Ability to manage time effectively whilst dealing with changing priorities.
- Ability to motivate and nurture the story team.
- Excellent writing skills.
ITV is for everyone.
ITV strongly encourages applications for this role from disabled people. As a Disability Confident Leader, if you meet the minimum criteria for a role and you have declared that you are disabled, we’ll guarantee to take you to the next stage* (minimum criteria above).
We’re happy to discuss any support/personalisation you may need during our application and selection process as part of our reasonable adjustments.
* There may be a few exceptions where we are not able to take all eligible candidates to the next stage due to the volume of applications.
Because those who make an impact deserve to be rewarded for it.
ITV offers some great rewards and benefits including
- Flexible working with a range of options to suit everyone
- Generous holiday allowance, plus you can buy more
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Competitive pension contribution
- Save as you earn – with an opportunity to buy ITV shares
- Wellbeing and volunteering days plus a wide range of opportunities to help you live a balanced and healthy life