The role will deliver AVOD and publishing activities for BBC Studios’ brands. A primary focus of this role will be managing the supply and publishing of digital content to branded channels (including YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and Web).
The role will also help deliver campaigns for genres and support the commercial & licensing needs for BBC Studios brands.
- Planning and scheduling of monetised video and ‘always on’ digital content across AVOD and social channels (e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Instagram) using online publishing tools.
- Curate and create reactive social content across a portfolio of genre digital channels including the sourcing/editing of video assets, where required, using programs such as Premiere Pro.
- Produce copy that is optimised for specific platforms (Web, Social and CRM)
- Manage communities and conversations on channels in-line with the agreed strategy and in the brand’s tone of voice.
- Work closely with brand and production teams on the delivery and execution of campaigns.
- Archive rights checking and channel management of video assets, along with administration of metadata, annotations and usage policies.
- Provide research to support a clear and compelling presentation of strategies and ideas to senior stakeholders.
- Monitor performance of content assets, deriving insights from the data available to optimise and improve future asset creation.
The Ideal Candidate
- A proven background in content creation and creativity within a digital space.
- Strong editorial sense and ability to develop content ideas.
- Strong copywriting and subbing skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and an ability to identify improvements.
- Experience of building and engaging online audiences.
- Proven ability to work with software such as Photoshop and Premiere Pro.
- Experience of video platforms and analytics tools
- Experience working to tight deadlines and managing key stakeholder relationships.
- An ability to deliver at pace and anticipate deadlines.
- YouTube experience, working across YouTube channels or social video
- Passion for TV, innovative digital brands and online publishers.
- Good knowledge of the digital landscape and experience of online video and social platforms.
- Willingness to adapt to a rapidly changing environment and to develop skills according to the changing needs of the business.
- Part of a team responsible for P&L across Social AVOD.
- Works across multiple brands, regions and timeframes and liaises extensively with key stakeholders across different business areas.
- Expected to operate relatively autonomously for most operational activity.
- Key measures of success include: increasing Social AVOD opportunity in line with SEC approved stratgey, audience growth and engagement.
- Reports directly into Programming Executive.