hsc.tv is a full service video production company located in Astoria, NY seeking an experienced video editor with motion graphics animation skills to join our team for a full-time position.
Applicants should be seasoned video editors who are fully comfortable using Adobe Premiere, but can also create animations in Adobe After Effects. This is a hybrid position, following an initial period of on-site training. Applicants will be expected to work on-site at our studio in Astoria, on average, around 3 days/week and should live in the New York metro area. We are not currently accepting fully-remote candidates.
Full-time benefits include health insurance, paid vacation and sick days, and paid overtime after 40hrs/week.
hsc.tv is a company that proudly celebrates diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability or national origin. All employment decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Experience / Skills
- Editing both short- and long-form video content in Adobe Premiere for a variety of project formats, ranging from broadcast features/series, films, branded content, web series and/or shorts, event marketing and corporate videos, etc.
- Animating text and logos, creating and assisting with style frames, and creating 2D content.
- Masking images in photoshop to be used in animations.
- Basic color correction and audio mixing for smaller-scale projects
- Project setup including media ingestion, organizing project assets, syncing footage, creating proxies and screeners, etc.
- Researching and sourcing stock elements (images, video, sound effects, music) for projects as needed
- Assist with video finishing process, including prepping and organizing sequences for color correction/audio mixing, uploading deliverables, etc.
- Exporting, quality-checking and delivering final exports to client in collaboration with post-production manager
- Backing up and archiving completed projects
- Periodically support the post-production manager as needed with administrative tasks related to projects (i.e. licensing stock elements, creating shot lists, posting casting calls, coordinating interview transcriptions, etc.)
- Applicants must provide Covid-19 vaccination proof prior to start date; all employment offers are contingent upon providing proof of vaccination, subject to medical and/or religious exemptions
- Minimum of 5 years of experience editing using Adobe Premiere. Please note that we exclusively edit using Premiere, and are only seeking editors who are experienced and comfortable using this software
- Demonstrable video editing and motion graphics work samples via portfolio, work sample reel, etc. We will not consider applicants who do not include work samples
- Proficiency using macOS. Please note that we exclusively use Mac computers on-site
- Tech-savvy and knowledgeable about post production-related concepts including video formats/codecs, frame rates, audio channel configurations, general terminology, etc. Applicants should be able to perform basic troubleshooting if needed
- Comfortable sourcing, navigating and customizing After Effects and Premiere templates. As well as acquiring new techniques on-the-fly as needed for projects
- Solid organizational skills; able to confidently work on projects with many different moving parts
- Ability to manage short deadlines, shifting project needs and priorities, as well as juggling multiple ongoing projects
- Proficiency with other post-related Adobe Creative Suite programs (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Media Encoder)
- Color grading and/or audio mixing experience
- Research skills including searching for design references, troubleshooting technical issues, researching software/plugins, etc.
- Strong opinions on what we should order for lunch
Please include your resume and working samples along with your application. Thank you for your interest and we hope to hear from you soon!