The New York Post delivers the best in News, Sports, Entertainment and Pop Culture with wit, irreverence and authority. Over the past 220 years, The Post has evolved into a multi-platform media company spanning print, digital, video, audio, app, television and commerce.
The New York Post video team is seeking a Production Manager to help our video operation publish compelling, shareable videos. This person will play a key role in overseeing the daily financial, logistics, and tech infrastructure to aid our department run smoothly and more efficiently.
The ideal candidate is extremely detail oriented and has a proven track record of cross-team collaboration and execution at digital news operations.
This is an opportunity to join an iconic media brand as it continues exponential digital growth. the New York Post has garnered more than a billion video views across various platforms in the past year. Per the Post’s mantra, you believe that news doesn’t have to be boring and you appreciate the odd and unconventional stories as well as important ones.
- Responsible for the direction, management, and coordination of business, administrative, logistical, and technical aspects of daily, studio and field productions
- Operational lead for logistics, budgets, and contracts/releases for all New York Post and Page Six studio and field productions
- Resolves problems or conflicts that hinder the completion of programs within budget and according to specifications
- Works with producers to build shoot schedules for premium/large scale/branded productions
- Books travel & crews for remote productions
- Purchases for shoots – props, locations, taxi cabs, etc.
- Liaises with Director of Production and Studio Manager on studio bookings
- Ensures that productions uphold network creative, technical, and business goals
- Liaises with the newsroom to help train both new employees and interdepartmental initiatives such as reporters recording Zoom interviews, reporter video from the field, etc.
- Books freelancers and part timers for daily digital operations, ensures adequate staff resources for breaking news coverage, holidays, vacations, etc.
- Manages accounts and seats for software (i.e., frame.io)
- Onboards new video employees and talent
- Processes and tracks payment for all vendors and freelancers; creates P&L for individual productions so the video team can assess ROI
- Manages all software licenses and needs unique to video, whether directly or through News Tech (Youtube TV, Zoom, Dropbox, Slack, Adobe Creative Suite, frame.io, camtasia, ishowu, film impact transitions, handbrake, etc.)
- Interfaces with News Tech to manage department internal tech setups needs and computer upgrades
- Assists video team in organizing and leading with various tech support needs as it pertains to outside vendors
- Manages all third party video licensing deals – UGC, photographers, video agencies, etc.
- Tracks third party video license performance/revenue analysis
- Responsible for small scale equipment purchases and repairs; manages equipment inventory and loans
- Responsible for coordinating all documentation and communications around video team systems, best practices, and changes
- Key assistant for maintenance and upgrades of key digital architecture like our OVP and audio hosting services
- Identifies strategic opportunities to streamline and optimize production processes to more effectively track and manage department operations
- 3-5 years working in media or production is required
- Digital newsroom and studio experience a must, field experience also strongly preferred
- Strong comfort working with/discussing finances (spending, negotiating, creating and tracking budgets)
- Strong interpersonal skills are required – role requires diplomatic problem-solver who brings recommendations and solutions to the table
- Strong proficiency in Google Workspace applications, primarily Google Sheets
- Experience managing in-house production teams
- Familiarity with content management systems is a plus such as WordPress, video CMS like Brightcove and JW Player, and web analytics tools like Parse.ly, etc.
- Familiarity with the New York Post and our writing style
- Must enjoy working collaboratively and accurately in a fast paced but fun environment
- Strong news judgment and attention to detail and journalistic values a must
- Open to working evenings, holidays or weekends if/when necessary
Note: At this time, NY Post has returned to the office in a hybrid work schedule.
As an equal opportunity employer, the New York Post does not discriminate in hiring or the terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The New York Post will consider the provision of reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental disabilities of otherwise qualified applicants to enable them to participate in our application process and to effectively perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would impose an undue financial or operational hardship.