We give a quick review of Format looking at ease of use, pricing, settings, and features.
|Free Trial||Yes (14 Days)|
You can now get 15% off subscriptions. Create an awesome portfolio website to showcase your work within minutes – no coding required. 🙌
What is Format?
Over the years, companies have been trying to create easy website builders for people who don’t have any coding skills. There are many to choose from which is why new ones can have a tricky time standing out.
One way companies have tried to get noticed is by creating niche website builders. Format is unlike any other, as they focus purely on creatives.
So if you’re looking to build a unique and stylish portfolio then Format might be the perfect option for you.
Who is Format for?
Firstly, it’s clear from the get-go that Format is for photographers, filmmakers, and designers who need to showcase their work online.
So whether you’re looking to sell photos, write a blog post, or show your work to potential clients, Format gives you the tools to do it.
How Does it Work?
Like most website builders, Format makes building your website as personal and customizable as possible. In fact, it’s so easy to use you could have your site live in just a day. 👌
Format has a wide selection of professionally designed templates that you can fully customize. This allows for thousands of different design options so you can get it just right.
So, how can you start using their website? Here are our 8 simple steps:
- Click on the link above and go the Format homepage
- Click Get Started
- Sign up to gain access to your free trial
- Pick a template
- Upload your work
- Edit your menu
- Customize your design
- That’s it!
Don’t like the website builder? You can cancel any time 😉
The development team at Format pride itself in creating new features to help to keep up with the ever-changing needs of creatives. Here are a few of our favorite features:
- Ease of Use – The drag-and-drop page editor is simple and straightforward making it ideal for people with limited website knowledge.
- Hundreds of Customisable Templates – Choose from a wide range of templates like photography, art, video, fashion events, and design. All templates look great out of the box but are ready to customize to suit your needs.
- Show of your Work – Get high-quality video and images without slow load speeds. With Format, your media will always load quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Designed for Mobile – Fully responsive templates, pages, and layouts are designed for mobile viewing so your work looks amazing on any screen.
- Transfer Files with Ease – Offer your clients different ways to receive their files. Whether it’s a branded zip file or a shareable gallery, securely transfer up to 10GB of photos.
- Custom Domain – It’s easy to register, transfer and connect a custom domain that shows who you are as a professional.
- Keep Track – Organize your project information like a professional using Client Overviews. Find what you need quickly, save time, and be more productive.
- Manage Contacts – Keep your client list up-to-date. Collect contact details and assign contacts to projects to stay on top of client relations.
- Send Secure Contracts – Create, edit, share, and track all of your contracts in one place. Streamline your process with clients by sending digital contracts that can be signed online with one click.
- 24/7 Help and Support – The Customer Success team is there whenever you need assistance or guidance.
How Much Does Format Cost?
So, what plans do they have on offer? Well, if you’re just looking to create a portfolio website then there are 3 main pricing options. Here is a quick breakdown of what they include:
|Price||$7/month (billed annually) or $8.99 billed monthly||$15/month (billed annually) or $20.99 billed monthly||$25/month (billed annually) or $34.99 billed monthly|
|24/7 Customer Support||✔||✔||Priority Support|
|Free Mobile App||✔||✔||✔|
|Lightroom & Capture One Integration||✔||✔||✔|
|Powerful SEO Tools||✔||✔||✔|
|Award-Winning Templates||Starter Themes||All Themes||All Themes|
|Professional Branded Email||$72/year||$72/year||$72/year|
|Hosted Video Minutes||✘||15 Minutes||120 Minutes|
|Free Custom Domain||✘||✔||✔|
|Custom Code Editor||✘||✔||✔|
|Premium Design Features||✘||✘||✔|
|Email Subscriber Form||✘||✘||✔|
Obviously, it depends on your needs when choosing a subscription. However, all of their plans come with certain essentials like 24/7 customer support, copyright protection, and social integration.
Still unsure about whether this is the site builder for you? No worries as they offer a free trial, so you can try it out before making any final decisions.
Format Review: Worth it or Not?
In short, Yes! Format is a fully customizable and stylish online portfolio creator for photographers and filmmakers.
With hundreds of templates and an easy drag-and-drop builder, anyone can have a professional-looking portfolio set up in minutes. 👍
Also if you’re a photographer then selling photos online has never been easier with Format. They offer a full range of business tools to increase your presence online, show off your skills and sell more work.
All Format plans automatically include hosting so you don’t need to purchase hosting services through a third party.
Absolutely! All themes are optimized to be viewed across all devices and platforms: from high-res desktops to laptops and smartphones.
Nope. You absolutely do not need to know how to code to create a professional online portfolio. Your Format site comes with intuitive tools and 24/7 help from experts that make it easy to customize your site exactly the way you want.
Yes! If you’re not happy for any reason then reach out to their customer support team and they can cancel your subscription. For a full refund, cancellations for a yearly plan must take place within the first 30 days.