Envato Elements is a stock media platform with one simple license all under one roof. It has digital assets for all kinds of creators from filmmakers to graphic designers.
Video editors are used to spending time sourcing stock video, music, and motion graphics from different sources. The problem is this not only takes a lot of time, but it can also be costly and let’s face it a bit of a pain.
Table of contents
Envato Elements Summary
What is Envato Elements?
It all started with Envato which was formed in Melbourne back in 2006. It’s one of the biggest marketplaces for digital assets in the world.
They own a variety of popular websites like VideoHive, PhotoDune, AudioJungle, and GraphicRiver. All these sites come together to form the Envato Market, where you individually pay for every asset.
So, what is Envato Elements? Well, it’s a powerhouse of stock media content with 11+ million creative assets. Choose from a wide range of high-quality stock videos, video templates, music, and sound effects. You can get all this for a signal monthly subscription fee.
Who is Envato Elements for?
Pretty much anyone, from filmmakers and editors to graphic designers and animators. It’s a marketplace for creators, helping you create professional work within a small budget and tight timeframe.
Also, the media is supplied by a global community of independent creators. Whenever assets are downloaded from Envato Elements, the original authors earn money from those downloads.
So you can feel good knowing you’re supporting fellow creators. 👍
What Do They Offer?
Envato Elements has a wide range of assets from stock video and sound effects to graphics templates and fonts. But for now, we’ll focus on what’s most useful for filmmakers.
Need an establishing drone shot for your opener? No worries! Narrow down your searches with the easy-to-use filters and dropdown menus. Search by keywords, length, frame rate, and other preferences to find the perfect clip in no time.
- 3.5 million high-quality video clips available
- Search clips by keywords, resolution, frame rates, or length
- Abstract visuals, particle emitters, overlays, and transitions
- Clips with alpha channels are available
- Looped versions
Motion graphics can take a lot of time to create from scratch. Even after a ton of effort, you still might not be satisfied with the results. With Envato Elements, you can experiment with countless editable video templates to add that professional look to your project in no time.
- 66,000 Editable Video Templates
- Searchable by key terms, resolution, frame rate, number of people, or clip length
- Motion Graphic Openers & logo Stings
- Broadcast Packages & Infographics
- Import projects directly into Premiere Pro, After Effects, Davinci, Final Cut Pro, and Apple Motion
As you know, quality music is very important. For this reason, you just can’t rest until you find the right track for your project. With Envato’s platform, every genre of music is available to score your film, boost your promo or create the desired mood for your YouTube video.
- 139,000 tracks available
- Search by genre, mood, length, tempo, instrument
- Logo and indent intros
- Thousands of tracks are loopable
- Similar music track suggestions
Need footsteps walking up a wooden staircase? No worries, you can download and place it into your sequence in seconds. Sound is 50% of the experience when it comes to storytelling. Your video can be a full experience with over half a million sound effects at your disposal like foley, transitions, futuristic or cartoony sounds, you name it, it’s all there.
- 609,000 royalty-free sound effects
- Great for videos and gaming apps
- Futuristic sounds, transition sounds, cartoons
- Thousands are loopable
How Does Envato Elements Work?
As mentioned, Envato Elements is designed to be as easy and user-friendly as possible.
Here are a few quick steps to get started:
- Go to the Envato Elements website and click on “Pricing”.
- Select a subscription plan and click on the button at the bottom that says “start now”
- Fill in your Name, Email Username, and Password
- Fill in your Billing Information
- You will be sent an email to verify the account
- Sign in with your username and password. That’s it, you’re ready to get started.
- Choose from the main menu e.g Stock Video, Video Templates, Music, or Sound Effects.
- Use the filters to find exactly what you want
- Download and drop it straight into your project!
Envato Elements Features
Let’s now take a look at some of the best and most interesting features of Envato Elements. These will help you better understand what’s included and how to get the most out of the site.
Envato Elements not only provides ready-to-go assets, but they also show you new ways to create. It’s called envatotuts+. Here, they offer simple step-by-step instructions with videos on how to make awesome effects yourself. Really a one-stop shop here. 👌
High-Quality Stock Media
No matter what type of project you’re working on, Envato has you covered with a whole ecosystem of hand-picked assets by creative professionals. Your one source for stock video, motion graphic templates, music tracks, sound effects, photos, graphics, fonts, and more!
With unlimited downloads on Envato Elements, this is truly a great time to be a creator. Never has there been a time with access to such quality content for such an affordable price. Above all, you have access to 11+ million assets with unlimited downloads.
Ease of Use
The site is designed to get you what you need quickly and easily thanks to the filter menus. You can also select from Popular options or even see what’s Trending which can speed up the search process even more.
There’s nothing like peace of mind when using royalty-free media. Luckily, Envato Elements has a global license that covers every project worldwide. It’s designed to make it easy as possible so you can focus on the fun stuff.
Social Media Packages
Another nice feature worth mentioning is their social media template packages. Editing Story and Post templates has never been this simple. You can really make your content stand out with so many themes to choose from.
Envato Elements Workflow
In this section, we’ll quickly show you how to get started adding effects to your edit. Let’s say you wanted to add a cool film burn transition to a car drifting shot in the night. Here’s an example of the workflow:
- Go to the Stock Video section using the top menu and search ‘Car Drifting’. Find a clip and click download.
- Envato asks you which project you’re using the asset for.
- Click Add to Project & Download and save the video clip to your computer (you are now licensed to use this asset in that project).
- Go back to the Stock Video section and search ‘Film burn’
- ‘Add to Project & Download’ then save the video clip to your computer
- Bring both clips into a video editing program of your choice. For this example, we’re using Premiere Pro.
7. Layer the film burn video on top of your car drifting clip.
8. Make sure the Film Burn video layer is selected, and under Effect Controls choose Overlay in your Blend Mode options. This will allow the flares to reveal your shot underneath.
9. Playback video and tweak the top layer until the timing looks right. That’s it!
Want to step it up a bit? Try adding some screeching tires or dessert wind for professional sound design. Just go to Sound Effects section from the top menu and search “screeching tires” download the audio clip and drop it into your timeline. 😉
Envato Elements Pricing
Luckily Envato Elements keeps pricing nice and easy as well. The options are either a monthly or annual subscription (all-inclusive). What’s great is that with all of them, you have the freedom to cancel at any time.
Here is a quick breakdown of what’s included to help you make a decision on which is the most suitable for you.
|Student (30% off)||Individual Monthly Plan||Individual Annual Plan||Teams (save up to 34%)||Enterprise|
|$10.75/month (per member)||Custom|
|Access to all assets||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Simple commercial licensing||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Cancel any time||✔||✔||✔||✔||✔|
|Scale & change members at any time||✘||✘||✘||✔||✔|
Great news. As an Envato subscriber, you can download anything on the site and use it for personal or commercial use. It’s under one simple license. Pretty cool right?
The only thing you have to remember is that the use of assets is licensed on a project-to-project basis. So basically, that asset can only be used for the project folder you created and not multiple ones.
Want to use the same asset again? No problem! Visit your downloads and simply register it again for a different project. Also, if you unsubscribe, you can no longer use items from Envato Elements. However, any existing uses that you registered are still covered. Now that’s peace of mind!
When using music for YouTube, you might receive a copyright notice. But don’t worry as the license Envato Elements gives you is sufficient to clear the claim. 🙌
Envato Elements Review: Worth it or Not?
In short, Yes! It’s easy to navigate, has a no-risk entry option and offers unlimited downloads of high-quality content. You get everything needed in one place for far less money.
The fact of the matter is stock media sites of the past used to charge hundreds of dollars per asset. Whereas the Envato Elements annual plan is less than $140/year. So if you’re trying to make money off video content then this is a great investment.
For all these reasons, it’s really a great time to be a content creator. So whatever your needs may be, Envato Elements has you covered. Check out their website today, you’ll be glad you did!
Yes, it’s completely safe. The site is used by top companies and filmmakers around the world.
No limits apply to downloads! How amazing is that? Envato Elements is an unlimited download subscription, meaning that you are free to download as many items as you like.
No. Although Envato Elements and Envato Market stock similar content, some items are unique to either platform. So, some items are on both, some are only available on Envato Elements, and others are only available on Envato Market.
Yes, you can cancel or upgrade your Envato Elements subscription at any time. If you cancel your subscription, you will have access to Envato Elements until the day your next subscription payment was due to be billed.